Thursday, October 17, 2013

My Wedding Invitation Artwork

Columbine block print I
Well, five years down the road, I thought I might post the artwork I made for my wedding.

I've been bidding for freelance jobs on Freelancer, and have come to realize that while my versatility as an artist is pretty broad, in an effort to keep my portfolio consistent, I have not shown a lot of the work I've done in the past on my website. (That said, it's also terribly out of date! I really must get on that one.)

My blog seems like an appropriate venue to showcase some of the other things that I've been up to as an artist!

Columbine block print II

First version of doves that I didn't end up using.

Kissing Doves - part of my save-the-date mailer

Columbine Heart - this had text in the center and was used as my save-the date mailer.

This is the Doves Block Print that I used for my actual wedding invitation. Each one is numbered and is an original artwork. I used an overlay on a semi-transparent vellum with the details of the wedding.

This was the border I created for my Valentine's Day engagement announcement. I had text in the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment